Schedule of 2017 Volunteer work days:
June: 13th & 24th – 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
July: 11th, 22nd & 25th – 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
August: 8th, 19th & 22nd – 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
September: 12th, 23rd & 26th – 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Volunteers are welcome to clean, paint, water, etc. on their own schedule. Contact the cemetery Association for more information.
Spring, Summer, Fall
- Gravestone Cleaning
- Trimming of Brush
- Watering of Flowers
- Researching/Updating Maps & Records
Spring & Summer Only
- Painting (Fence along Ballston Ave)
- Planting of Perennials
Some notes for those interested in gravestone cleaning
- Use only water as a cleaning agent (no chemicals or detergents)
- Use a fairly stiff bristle brush (plastic or natural bristle) NO WIRE BRUSHES
- A garden type pump sprayer is useful for wetting and rinsing with water
- Plastic putty knife scrapers are useful for removing moss. It may take a few scrubbings to get satisfactory results (especially older stones)
- Bring rags & gloves for your protection
- A reserve water supply would be handy (bucket, jug, etc.)
Please do not block main roadways. You can pull off on the road shoulder, park in one of the seldom used roads or near our office/maintenance building.
To volunteer for any of these areas, please contact one of the board members or fill out the form below with your contact information and area of interest.